Thank you for your prayers and support for this ministry – we are so grateful for your partnership with us as we serve God in Haiti. He is faithful and continues to bring to pass all that He has called for us to do! Last month we asked you to pray for several specific things and I want to share with you how they were answered.
- Speedy customs clearing for a container at reasonable costs. The container from Canada came out of customs while we were in Haiti, it was trucked to Tricotte, the costs were reasonable and the goods were not damaged. Praise God!
- Three teams traveling to Haiti in November.
- Birthing attendant training – Eight women from NCCTK church in Lynden presented the Miracle of Birth to 12 Haitian women during a four day seminar. We were really encouraged as these women now have the skills to help deliver babies in areas where there are not many medical services. They were also challenged to share Jesus with the new mothers. The result of this training will save lives of mothers and babies and will encourage many in their spiritual lives.
- Well drilling team – Vince and Dave Buys successfully drilled a well in Port au Prince. Praise God for clean water to help many who may not have had access to clean water!
- Farming fact-finding team – Five of us were able to tour the ministry of Double Harvest just out side of Port au Prince. This is a 200 acre farming operation which included fish farming, raising chickens and acres of vegetables. We learned much and look forward to using that knowledge to enhance our efforts in raising more food for our orphanage and school ministries.
- That God would use these trips to accomplish much in the lives of team members as well as in the lives of the Haitians who were served – I was encouraged as I listened to the team members share about what God was doing in their lives. And as I observed the women who were trained for birthing helpers – they prayed and worshipped with our trainers – God certainly used this time in their lives.